Monday, April 17, 2006

Ah, the Holy Week is over. What have you done during your vacation? Me? Oh, our company doesn't have a Holy Week! Fun, ain't it. While the rest of Hong Kong was relaxing in a beach somewhere, I was stuck in the office! I wouldn't have minded that if my salary was worth it! I took the Saturday off because I was in a bar til 3am in LKF. Now, that was fun... and expensive.

Anyway, I am here right now to talk about a game. Yes... a PC game. But not just any other game... this game is my MOST favorite game in the entire world! I'm talking about... drum roll please...

The Heroes of Might and Magic V! Also knows as HOMMV. Uh, V is the roman numeral for 5. It's the 5th instalment for the series. The first HOMM came out back in 1996. Wow, I was in high school back then. And yeah, I finished that game. I finished HOMM 1, 3 and 4. Including some of part 3's expansion packs. It's highly addicting. I mean, when you sit down in front of the PC, you will get so immersed in the game that you would realize later on that it's 12mn... and you forgot to eat your lunch, dinner and take a bath!!! Yeah, that happened to me once. Tsk tsk tsk... and they say life is precious... here's one way of wasting it.

I just finished playing the demo of HOMMV and let me tell you... damn... it was amazing! The greatest HOMM ever! They really did their homework on this one! Kudos to them developers! To give you an idea how far games, or in this case, this game has come, here are two screenshots comparing part 1 and part 5.

This is HOMM 1 in 1996.


















And this is HOMM 5 in 2006 (now)...


















Yes... that is the actual gameplay graphics! Hwaw... amazing, eh? Couple that with great gameplay and great music and great story... and you've got HOMMV!!! Woohooo!!!

The game would be released on May 23, 2006. I can hardly wait as this game has already been delayed because of the fans requesting the publishers to postpone the realse because the game was not yet polished. Thank goodness the publisher, Ubisoft, agreed!! So they delayed it by around 3-4 months. I say it's worth it! *droool* I'll get the collector's edition of the game that's a few bucks more expensive... but I'd say it's worth it! It comes with a map, some game additions, original art, brochure showing all the creatures and their respective statistics, etc! And yes... I'll get the GENUINE copy... not the pirated ones!!! hehehe! ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home