Friday, April 07, 2006

Optimus Prime.

Who is Optimus Prime? Geeks know of him. Other than that... I don't know.

Optimus Prime is not just a name to me. He's a hero. Yes, the world has turned so bad that you must turn to fictitious characters to find a hero. When I was growing up, he was the ultimate super hero. His was big! He transforms from an 18-wheeler truck to a gigantic robot! He was red! His voice was deep, rough and robotic! His heart was pure. He was the leader of the Autobots (good team). He was powerful. He was intelligent. He doesn't get pissed so easily. He had a big gun! He was caring and kind. He sacrificed his life for the good of others. Not even Rizal or George Washington can beat that!

He sounds too good to be true, eh? Who among you cried when Optimus Prime died in the movie? That was back in 1986. Hmm, I was 6 years old then. A lot of children probably had a trauma after seeing him die. I know some people who actually cried! No, I didn't cry... I think. But even today, I still feel sad whenever I watch that scene.

If he were only the president... what a wonderful world we would have.
Although he would go bankrupt from rising oil prices! And he would also have to be converted into a hybrid in order to make all those environmental activists shut up!

Now, if he were a real person... he would probably look like this... tsk tsk tsk... Prime... corrupted by worldly things.

FYI, Optimus Prime is his Western name. His Japanese name is Convoy. He was inspired from a toy line by Takara back in 1980 or 82. I had an original toy of him when I was young. Now, I just bought a 13inch version on eBay! Still waiting for it to arrive though.

If Prime were real, I would like to meet him. But he's not and he's not going to be... so, I'll just be a nerd and dream of my childhood days with Optimus Prime.

1 Comments:

At 8:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Di yan dadating....ever hahahahaha

 

Post a Comment

Home