Tuesday, August 30, 2005

An Apple a Day... Keeps Bill Gates Away.

Hold your horses, guys! That picture is only a concept design of some Japanese artist on how an iPod Watch would look like.

Today's topic... tantananaaaaan... Apple.

Apple. The anti-Windows. The anti-ordinary. The anti-mainstream. Some would say, everybody loves an Apple. Not entirely true. I for one... don't like Macs. But I have a different reason for not wanting one. As do other people who don't like it. I guess, I'm just a traditional Windows user. I can't be bothered to learn another OS... another interface... another kind of mouse! And what I hate about it the most is that it's not customizable. And let's not forget how expensive it is (including accessories). I know some people that love Apple so much that the only thing left for them to do is worship it! Apple vs. Windows is like Canon vs. Nikon. If you're a fan of one, you're the enemy of the other. Sometimes, it's kind of fun to listen to arguments between fans... it's like watching a debate that's full of emotions.

The iPod. Over-rated. I've seen tons of reviews on MP3's with the iPod winning, hands down. And most of them are so biased on the iPod. You might say that I'm the one who's biased. But no... let me tell you something...

There's this review about top MP3 players on this certain, famous site (which I love). When they compared the iPod with the Zen Micro, iPod won hands down eventhough the Micro had the advantage when it comes to accessories, pricing, earphones, features and sound quality. Now, they ranked the sound quality of the iPod higher than the Micro's when the Micro's SNR rating is actually way higher than the iPod's. And I have used an iPod (sister has one) and I own a Micro... the sound is almost night and day... just almost. I didn't get an iPod because everyone has one. Just like those Honda Civics... they're everywhere! There's no more individuality! We gotta be different! I have to be. eheheh.

Okay, enough Apple bashing. What I love about Apple is its passion to design new things. The built quality is also exceptional! They want to be different and they dare to be different. Just look at the iPod Shuffle. That thing is TRASH! RUBBISH! No screen?? ALL reviews always bash MP3 players from Sony, Creative, Rio when their screen are so tiny... and this has NO screen at all!!! And what do the reviews say? OOOOHHH... I LOVE IT! Pfffft! Biased fools. Well, things like that... only Apple can pull them off. And they did. They have become a marketing power. Steve Jobs is a genius. Well, not as much as Bill Gates is. ;)

You have an iPod? A commoner, no doubt. wahahah!

3 Comments:

At 8:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wonder if the usb port is big enough to fit in that watch..

i could link non xanga links but not in my xanga, mine's different

 
At 6:30 AM, Blogger Cess said...

haha mabuhay ang mga owners ng zen micros for choosing the right kind!!

 
At 6:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well shuffle is made for the consumers who are "on-the-go" and fond of surprised coz ul never know which song will play next.

i remember nike coming up with a round mp3 player which has no screen coz its for athletic people, apple probably wanted the same thing for shuffle..

and im about to get a wireless headphone made by logitech specifically for ipod

 

Post a Comment

Home